Pokemon GO Is A Money-Making Machine 2,650 Million Dollars In Just Three Years

Pokemon GO Is A Money-Making Machine 2,650 Million Dollars In Just Three Years

Pokemon GO broke all records at the time, both downloads and income, in the App Store and since its launch more than 3 years ago the income has not fallen. Probably this is due to the news that does not stop coming to the game, the last is from a surprising Mewtwo Armored.

The success is such that this type of games has become fashionable and if a few weeks ago Harry Potter: Wizards Unite was officially launched, we recently learned that Oliver and Benji will also be protagonists of an augmented reality game.

Now that we are in full celebration of its third anniversary, it has been known that Pokemon GO has generated 2,650 million dollars in income in its three years of life

Pokemon GO is one of the most profitable games in history

Pokemon GO made its appearance in July 2016, both for iPhone and Android and since then it has become one of the most successful mobile games in the world. Sensor Tower was publishing a report in which it confirmed an income of 2,650 million dollars during its three years of life demonstrating the undoubted success of the game of augmented reality.

In this report some curious details of the game are shown:

  • Pokemon GO has been downloaded 521 million times.
  • The players have spent an average of 2.4 million dollars a day on Pokemon GO since its launch.
  • The United States players are the ones who have spent the most on Pokemon GO to date, they represent around 35% of the income ones.
  • Japan is in second place with an expense of 779 million dollars, 29% of the game’s income.
  • Germany completes the podium contributing with 6%, about 159 million dollars.
  • The 54% of revenues, about 1.43 billion dollars, comes from Google Play Store. The remaining 46%, about 1.22 billion dollars, was generated by iOS users.

We’ll see if any of the new Pokemon games that will be released soon will have a similar success or if other Nintendo news like Dr. Mario World manages to raise so much money. But what is clear is that Pokémon GO has been around business for Nintendo, the figures speak for themselves.

Posted by Larra Jason

I am a Training engineer. New technologies trainer and give training to others and specialized in free software. Turn your passion into your profession and you will never have to work. The solution to all the problems of life is not at the bottom of a bottle. It's on TV! @larrajason123

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *