According to a recent report, there are close to 1 lakh IT-related job openings in the data science and analytics industry in 2019. Despite heavy demand for the IT-focused analytics and data science professionals, 70% of the qualified candidates would never make the cut in the interview. They are largely losing jobs to either seniors in the IT industry or to those who freshly passed out from the colleges with Data Science/ AI in their course.
Here are 5 reasons why qualified IT graduates find it hard to land a job in the SAS analytics industry.
- Over-expectations from the job market in terms of salary package, scale and job opportunities
- Undermining growth opportunities with start-ups, incubators, unicorns and non-Indian multi-national companies
- Lack of expertise in coding and programming beyond the basic Java and C++
- Unwillingness to learn new programming languages and get familiar with current Cloud and Machine Learning frameworks
- Unclear about current job roles and responsibilities, leading to poor performance during the interview rounds.
To cut through the competition, IT professionals need to take a very systematic approach towards the interview.
Here are the top 10 most frequently asked Interview questions posed to IT graduates and IT professionals (with 2+ years of experience).
- What is SAS?
- What is the difference between SAS and Tableau?
- What are the various SAS framework capabilities?
- What is the difference between data science and Big Data?
- What are the basic data types that are frequently applied in SAS?
- List the top business analysis tools and techniques where SAS is leveraged.
- What is SQL Server?
- What is the difference between Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, NoSQL, and others?
- Who are the competitors to SAS analytics?
- What are the various ways you can merge, combine and append data sets in SAS?
How many did you manage to answer?
Startling stats: Only 3 out of 7 interview candidate manage to answer 50% of these questions correctly. Only 1 out of 20 candidates actually answer all correctly.
For IT fresher and experienced candidates with 2-plus years of experience, here are the top 5 job titles you can earn with SAS certification in Bangalore.
- SAS Analytics Developer, with hands-on experience in SAS and Python; effective skills in statistical and descriptive analytics algorithm
- Data Visualization Engineer, with knowledge in SAS, Tableau, Predictive Modeling, text analytics and Big Data projects
- Machine Learning/ NLP Specialist
- AI and Machine Learning Application Developer
- SAS Analytics Project Manager
With additional education qualifications such as the Master’s and Ph.D. can further propel your career into the leagues of Data Scientists and AI Research leaders.
In India, metro cities such as Bangalore, Hyderabad and NCR/Gurugram are the top employers of SAS analysts who get direct placements from their IT roles into Data Science and AI projects. Bangalore alone counts for 45% of the all SAS analytics jobs in India, followed by Hyderabad and Noida/Gurugram. Pune, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata are steadily rising in prominence for job seekers in the IT industry. Nowadays https://www.appzdevelopment.com/ is one of the fastest growing companies in iphone app development india